Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Queen's Tea invitations

The Queen of Drachenwald is hosting a Queen's Tea at Pennsic 2009, for which she needed invitations to all the queens in the Known World that would be in attendance. I did 10, and Lady Genevieve did 7. When I met up with Trinite en route from the International Medieval Congress in Leeds to Störtebeker's Sons in Two Seas, she introduced me to pen work and we added flourishes to the invitations I'd done.

Queen of the Outlands
Sabine
Queen of Calontir
Ariel
Queen of Gleann Abhann
Diana
Queen of the Middle
Runa
Queen of the West
Constantina
Queen of Northshield
Ailleann
Queen of the East
Gabriella
Queen of Lochac
Constanzia
Queen of Trimaris
Eridano
Queen of Meridies
Francesca

Since the text was the same, once I did one copy and got settled into the hand, the rest went really quickly -- by the time I reached the end, it took more time to tick and rule the guidelines than it did to do the lettering itself!


© 2009, Sara L. Uckelman.

No comments:

Post a Comment